Action – What We Do
KAPSA works within the boundaries and guidelines of the Turkish law. We try to increase local awareness of, and compassion for the plight of the street animals, and to inspire and engage more local people to take part in, or at least understand our work. To do this our approach must be both innovative and culturally sensitive.
- Through our TNR programme we ensure that as many dogs and cats are neutered in Kalkan and the surrounding villages as possible
- We provide subsidised spaying and neutering for many owned cats and dogs, in order to encourage responsible pet ownership
- We provide veterinary treatment for any street animal that is sick or injured.
- We regularly visit the local schools to give educational talks to the local school children, and use specially produced booklets which teach responsible pet ownership and how to look after an animal.
- We collect information and keep a register of all street dogs in Kalkan.
- We home as many cats and dogs as we can.
- During the winter months, when food is scarce, we operate a feeding programme for street cats and dogs in Kalkan (and further afield where funds allow)
- We work in partnership with other organisations where possible to promote and achieve our objectives.